Rheda Becker and Bob Meyerhoff have made a generous gift of $500,000 to the Peabody Institute supporting initiatives to build diversity in the institute’s student body, faculty, and staff. Their gift allows the institute to work on this important issue in a variety of ways, all focused on reaching underrepresented populations and talent regardless of socioeconomic level and opportunity.
The following gives some idea of the breadth of needs that this diversity fund will help support:
• Conducting scholarship for students from underrepresented populations
• Full-tuition scholarships for students from OrchKids to attend the Peabody Preparatory
• Support for Baltimore Scholars from underrepresented minorities at the Peabody Conservatory
• Recruitment of Peabody faculty from underrepresented minorities, which may include distinguished visiting artist appointments, guest lecturers, residencies, and master classes
• Scholarship support to aid in the recruitment of an increasingly diverse Conservatory student population
Integral to Ms. Becker and Mr. Meyerhoff’s generous commitment is Peabody’s pledge to match this gift by raising additional resources for diversity initiatives at Peabody. Join us to build diversity throughout the institute by contributing today.